Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A VDay without the SO. Best. Idea. Ever.

Or at least I think it will be the best idea ever.  But it can only happen with a plan in place.  So the SO has already planned on going with a friend to the movies on Valentine's Day to go see Confessions of a Shopaholic.  I know, that is the biggest waste of money since yesterday (what can I do to stimulate your mind about what I'm talking about?).

Yeah, I said it and I'm not taking it back.  Back where, do you say?

Why, back...to the future!

Okay, so I went a little crazy there.  Okay I went octuplet mom crazy, but still, back to this post.

So the SO will not be around Saturday, which leaves me with a conundrum: what can I do with this time alone?  It's not going to be spent in lab.  That's just silly.  It comes down to three things.

1. Play The Force Unleashed on the Wii.  As much as it was given grief because it was too short on gameplay and because we can't be Vader for very long, I'm really into this game just for the sheer fact that the Wii allows for a little more interaction with the Force (viewer discretion advised):


2. I could watch some of the TCM 31 Days films I have stored up on the DVR.  I have this fear that it could get out of hand really quick if I don't watch more than one a weekend, so this is looking promising.  And it also saves the SO from watching these classics.  I already have at least 8 movies on the DVR, and it's not even halfway through the 31 days.  I feel like, like...


3. Finally, I could watch a season from a TV show I have on DVD.  If I really wanted to watch a single DVD selection a week, then watching an entire season of a TV show could prove hard as it takes more than a couple hours to watch.  And as the SO has the patience of a tick, this may be the best time to do this.  But what show should I watch?  Maybe...


If all else fails, I could set up all the TVs in the house in the living room, and arrange them so I could do all three tasks at once.  I could Wii it up on the 36", TCM it on the 27", and DVD it on the 13".  I'm not a multi-tasker, but I'm all for new things.  Although I haven't considered whether this could be detrimental to my health.  It could cause strange things to happen...


I know, it could be THAT scary.  Not to mention what it could do to the space-time continuum or the 1.21 gigawatts necessary to power all three TVs at the same time...

Well, I don't know about gigawatts, but if you notice a dip in power around my neck of the woods, you'll know why.  So after much deliberation on the three possible choices, my decision is...

No comments:

Post a Comment