Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Oh, Indy, YOU are my focal point...

I was thinking I'd be desperate for a post today, but it all clicked while the SO and I were doing yoga yesterday.  What?  You got a problem with people, especially guys, who do yoga?  Too worried about your heterosexuality or masculinity?  Let me tell you, if you have back problems, like me (just ask the SO - she'll talk your ear off about all the complaining I make about my back), you'll want to do yoga.  And if you stop for any length of time, you'll know yoga is the reason your back pain goes away.  But enough about my longing to be an infomerical spokesperson...

So, anyways, where was I?  Oh yeah, the SO and I were doing yoga.  If you've ever done the tree position (sounds sexual, but trust me, it's anything but).  Kinda looks like this:


So I'm trying to balance on one leg like this.  Now I think I'm able to keep my balance.  I can ride a bicycle, I don't trip over my feet.  So why is it so freakin' hard to stand on one leg like this?!  The "trainer" (not really a trainer, as we do yoga from a Wii game, My Fitness Coach) is telling us to concentrate on a focal point, so we can actually keep our mind from realizing we're on one freakin' leg and about to fall on our asses!  And then it came to me...


As you can see, my DVDs are close to my line of sight to the television.  As these little bundles of joy bring me peace and relaxation, I decided to focus there while not making myself look like an idiot tree.  And you know exactly where my attention went to:


"Doctor Jones! Doctor Jones!"

That's right, Indiana Jones.  Oh, it's so glorious, especially as my collection DOESN'T contain Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls.  Once my eyes caught onto that, my tree was as strong as a redwood.  Well, not really, but I did manage to balance for a bit.  More than I did without Indy.  So I have to say it's a small triumph, of sorts.  Well, not so much triumph as I could complete the task.  Well, not so much complete...

So as not to bore you with that, it's pretty simple: If you're doing yoga with your SO and you need to find the strength to make it through, just look for Indy (or Han, or any incarnation from Harrison Ford's work) and you'll be done with the workout in no time.  Now what can I end this post with?  Hmm...



Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment