Monday, March 2, 2009

Devastating...

That's the only word I can describe about Sunday.  No, it's not about how bad my team is doing in basketball or even the state of the economy...

On Sunday, we were without... CABLE!

AAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

It was terrible, I came back from working in the lab around 2pm to have the SO tell me the cable wasn't working.  I didn't think much of it.  Thought I could just unplug and plug it back in and it would be fine.  Worked all the other times the cable was acting funny.  Not this time.  So I called the cable company, and they said the area was out and the service people were out working on it right now.

That was all fine and dandy, except it was out until 8:47pm!  I know, terrible...

And the worst thing?  Because there was no cable (and obviously no DVR), one of the movies I wanted to watch from TCM's 31 Days didn't get recorded!  I know, a travesty, a sham, a sham of a travesty!  So I won't be able to watch Close Encounters of the Third Kind.  Tear.

Luckily, Fox (and almost every network) posts episodes of their shows online, so we could watch "Simpsons" and "American Dad."  But it's hard to forgive the cable over Encounters.  Oh well, I'll just DVR it again, if it ever is on TCM again...

Sorry for the delay over this weekend's DVD review.  Been busy, and that's no excuse.  So it will be up and posted very soon, that's my guarantee.  Later!

And as a way of asking for forgiveness, I present you with this, something that describes me to a "T" (or whatever letter works in this situation... probably not "Q", that's got a bad rap... maybe "M"?  No, that's weird... how 'bout "S"?  I'll have to think about that one):

No comments:

Post a Comment