Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I can't believe this got cancelled!

Yes, my friends, it's that's time of the week (although a little early - that's what she said! Oh!).  Time to preview a little thing (that's what... yeah, that's lame) I like to call my Future Purchase, DVD style.  This edition of FP actually only includes one DVD, but oh boy is it jam-packed with awesome DVD goodness.


Of course, I'm talking about the hit television show Andy Richter Controls the Universe.  And when I say hit, I mean my boys in college would have to be in front of the TV when the show came on.  Which wasn't for very long, actually.  Kinda sad, almost went as quickly as undergrad.  Again, another sad thing.  So let's talk about happy things, like it's finally come to fruition, the DVD version of the television series.  Finally!  I know that at least a couple times in the past few years there was talk about it coming out on DVD, only to get shot down, like my chances at getting a Blu-ray player this year.  Yeah, I know, that bad.

Not sure really how to describe the show, other than we're treated to Andy Richter at his finest outside of "Late Night with Conan O'Brien."  Debuting in the spring of 2002, the show only lasted 19 episodes.  But considering how many shows on Fox get cancelled, the show is almost like M*A*S*H when it comes to how long it was on air on the network.

The only thing holding me back from purchasing it is... it's not out yet.  Supposedly, allegedly, hopefully... it will be released March 24, 2009.  So two weeks away!  I don't know if I can hold in my excitement.  And it helps that the SO bought yarn this weekend, so I'm in the positive for how much I can spend on DVDs.  Yip... wait for it... EEE!  And at a cost of $28, I will only go $20 in the negative.  Not bad, I know.  Let's just hope I don't go overboard in Best Buy when purchasing ARCTU.  Must keep eyes on the prize, no looking around at other possible purchases.  Otherwise, SO can buy lots more yarn (or shoes), and I just can't let that happen!


This is why I have to buy it.  And so should you.  Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment