Thursday, January 8, 2009

"Just one more DVD, please?"

Well, it's that time of the week, when I realize that my DVD collection is incomplete.  And I know what it will take to make my collection less incomplete (it'll never be complete, who am I kidding).
That's right, the hilarious comedy involving everyone's favorite green, leafy plant, starring two of my favorite actors, it's Pineapple Express!  For some reason, I love the cast of Freaks and Geeks (if you couldn't tell from my picture) and Seth Rogen is one guy I have always related to (because he's so cool and doesn't have a body like Tom Brady - although my SO loves both guys).  And with James Franco, another F&G alum, the movie is a must purchase for me.

So how do I con, I mean, reason with my SO that this is a movie that I can't live without?  Can I try the ol' "It's my birthday, and I really want it" routine?  Probably not, as I told her I wanted "The Force Unleashed" for the Wii (not so much for the game, but for the two-player battle mode.  That's right, the power of the lightsaber is mine!  Bwa-ha-ha!!!)  Could I go with "It's only $14.99 at Best Buy, and that's a really good price for a new release DVD" angle?  Possibly, although she'll probably throw it back in my face that I got 14 DVDs while we were at her home in NH (that'll be a story for another post).

No, I'll have to come up with a new one that gives me the ability to buy it even with her evil stare.  You know the one I'm talking about.  I'll keep you posted as to how this all turns out...

No comments:

Post a Comment