Wednesday, January 7, 2009

"But you see, it's really hard to find that one..."

(In my best Don LaFontaine voice) "Imagine a world, a world without laughter, without tears, without passion.  Well, this blog has it all...


"In a world gone mad, one man stood his ground and found his own holy grail."


(Cue opening score from 2001: A Space Odyssey)


Bah...Baahh...Baaahhh...


BA-BUH!!!

But wait, there's more...
 

As an added bonus, I'll tell you never to buy the above bookshelf (from a certain place that rhymes with "chest high").  It's pitiful, you put just a few DVDs in there, and it starts to bow out, so then the shelves fall, and your DVDs will go everywhere.  I'm just saving you the time and hassle it took me to watch my precious DVDs fall to the ground (out of their original order!!) and have to arrange it so they sit at the bottom of the bookshelf, hidden from the world (i.e. behind the sofa).  It's not right, DVDs have a right to be shown proudly.  But I digress...

Yes, those are pictures of my entire collection, minus three new ones we received yesterday in the mail.  There's a little thing called Disney Movie Club (run by the devil, I believe).  And I only mention it because everytime you order a DVD, they send you flyers with all these wonderful movies and shows you watched as a kid and wish to have those same warm, fuzzy feelings you had back then (because now the only feelings you get are stress from work and pain from signing those checks to pay the bills).  So you keep buying more, especially those damn Walt Disney Treasures, which contain all the cartoons for a certain character (Donald Duck, Goofy, Pluto, etc.) or from a certain era (Silly Symphonies, Disney Rarities, etc.), and sometimes they even have it where they separate out black-and-white cartoons from color cartoons (re: Mickey Mouse).

Well, the SO and I have been collecting these "treasures" because we love these cartoons from our childhoods, and if we ever spawn future offspring, we want them to enjoy quality viewing (when they are allowed to watch television, which will be hardly ever, if we want them to take piano lessons, dance lessons, play sports, do well in school, and solve all the world's problems before the SO and I leave this mortal coil).

In the mail this week, we received:

So now, the current tally of DVDs rises to 373...

Therefore, when it involves DVDs of something she likes, it's okay to buy them.  When I go to buy a DVD (or two or three) she gets mad.  What gives?  So long story short, it's my birthday soon, and I'm going to try and get her to allow me to buy a DVD (I promise to only buy one...hopefully)  for my birthday.  So we'll see.  I'll post what that future purchase will be soon.  Until then, let's hope I can fit the new DVDs somewhere into my collection, before it all falls on top of me...

No comments:

Post a Comment